Looking for an alternative to MPLS?
Multapplied SD-WAN can be deployed worldwide to create a customizable WAN with nearly no capital costs. Consider, below, the two most common deployments for Enterprises using Multapplied SD-WAN.
1. Full Replacement of MPLS to Hub-and-Spoke IPVPN
REPLACE ALL SITES WITH Multapplied SD-WAN to see a 400% increase in per-site Bandwidth and a 52% decrease in cost (over T1-based MPLS)
We know customers are looking for alternatives to MPLS. Replacing an entire MPLS WAN with a competing service is not a decision to be taken lightly. However, the advantages far outweigh the risks. Consider the ability to increase your per-site bandwidth such that your most remote sites can take advantages of Cloud-based services – or can access the corporate database securely: Multapplied SD-WAN allows Enterprise customers to create customized WANs for each site.
Consider the Features:
- Dedicated Aggregation Server for all sites (or Multiple Aggregators if WAN is very large)
- Managed, centralized firewall to control Internet traffic
- Multi-Connection Bonding (Across Service-Providers for Increased Network Reliability)
- Private or Public IP Addresses – as determined by the Enterprise
- End-to-End Quality of Service for Voice over IP, Video Conferencing, etc.
- Same-IP Failover – network outages don’t affect Remote Users or applications in the DMZ
2. “Sore-Thumb” Sites – MPLS Add-on
REPLACE “SORE-THUMB” SITES WITH Multapplied SD-WAN Decrease Costs and Maintain Features
We understand that not all of an enterprise’s sites can be easily (or affordably) put onto the corporate, MPLS-based Wide Area Network. In fact, from our experience, somewhere between 5% and 25% of a corporate network’s MPLS sites can make up nearly 40% of WAN costs.
Consider a recent 49-site opportunity:
- Number of MPLS sites – 49
- Average per-site MRC for MPLS – $782.62
- Total MRC for MPLS WAN – $38,348.30
- Number of sites paying >$1000.00/month for MPLS – 11 (22% of all sites)
- Monthly Recurring costs for 11 sites: $14,999.36 (39% of entire MPLS WAN costs)
This company replaced 11 of its MPLS sites with a Multapplied SD-WAN DSL and Cable Hub-and-Spoke WAN, and tied the WAN into the MPLS network. By doing so, they reduced their costs from $14,999.36 to $3,856.00, saving $11,143.36 per month, or $133,720.00 per year. The company was able to connect their “sore-thumb” sites to the corporate network, with the same features (or better), and leverage low-cost Internet connections in doing so.