An SD-WAN software platform built for partners.
Other Key Features Include:
- Partner host, manage and control virtual networking software
- Virtual, multi-tenanted instances leverage existing infrastructure investments
- Open architecture/API support OSS/BSS integration
- Packet-based link aggregation (better than FEC)
- Jitter, latency, packet loss, flap detection and remediation
- Dynamic, automatic bandwidth adaptation
- >90% Link bonding efficiency
- <300ms failover, same IP across multiple links
- Bi-directional, elastic QoS
- Hybrid Layer 2 & Layer 3 networks
- Use own IP (own the customer)
- Dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Layer 4-7 protocol detection and enforcement
- Enterprise, mobile-friendly portal
- TCP proxy
- Security through encryption, link aggregation
- WAN Optimization integration
What’s a Deployment Look Like?
It’s pretty simple. Containerized, Linux-based software that Partners host and manage.
And with this, you can run, control and manage your own virtual network over top of any carrier underlying transport.
Core Nodes are:
Aggregates the data directly from devices, and passes it on to the Management Server
Management Server – can be run on-premise or in cloud hosting facilities
Customer premise WAN Edge devices
API to integrate with other OSS/BSS
A Multapplied deployment consists of a Management Server and core Aggregation Server nodes in our partners Data Center plus Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) devices at each customer site. All nodes are x86 based hardware or virtualization platforms.
A single Management Server may be deployed in the same data center as the data plane nodes or in a third-party cloud-hosted environment thereby separating the Management Plane from the data plane nodes and environment. No customer data passes through the Management Server; it provides only command, control and reporting statistics. The data plane is created between the Aggregation Servers and the CPE device nodes.
Aggregation Server nodes can be deployed in virtual and/or bare metal environments. New partners often deploy in virtual environments to take advantage of existing infrastructures, speed up initial testing and minimize costs, while initial customers and revenue are onboarded. Customers are assigned a Primary and Secondary Aggregators data center node redundancy. These Aggregation Servers can be in the same or geographically different data centers (depending on latency to the customer site) to provide data center and Aggregator node redundancy.
As end-customer demand grows, Multapplied Partners add Aggregation Servers to support the required environment. It is important to note that Multapplied SD-WAN supports multiple data centers. Growing an environment to meet increased sales volumes is done by adding Aggregation Servers into the existing data center environments.
A customer premise device is deployed at each site on physical, white-box x86-based network devices or in virtual environments. A customer site can be configured in High Availability with twin CPE devices to reduce the single points of failure at the customer location.
Multapplied SD-WAN licensing enables Partners to deploy an unlimited number of Aggregators in their own data centers or in third-party Clouds. Partners pay monthly for either the number of sites deployed or the number of circuits per site. This ties Partner costs with revenue and supports a very favorable, Partner-centric business model.