Multapplied Networks Inc. (“MNI”) provides Resellers whose account is in good-standing with Level 3 and Level 4 technical support to assist Resellers with resolving end-customer and Reseller environmental and technical issues related to the performance of the MNI software.
The Reseller is responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 support and communication to end-customers.
Tickets affecting multiple end-customers are treated as high or urgent priority by MNI. Please escalate these issues to MNI. Level 3 or Level 4 support directly by telephone to get the fastest resolution and maintain your end-customer Service Level Agreements (“SLA”).
If MNI is requested to perform Level 1 or Level 2 support tasks on behalf of a Reseller, MNI will bill the Reseller at $150.00 USD/hour or at the hourly rate authorized by the Vice President Development & Operations.
As a Reseller, you are responsible for providing the following Level 1 and Level 2 Support:
Reseller Level 1 Support: End-client and CPE support
Reseller Level 1 support is responsible for direct support of end-customer and Customer Premise Equipment (“CPE”). These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Phone and email support to End Customers
- Onsite installation of hardware and software, together with support
- Provisioning CPE hardware
- Network configuration changes through the web-based management application, such as adding, removing or changing legs and connected IP configurations
- Testing link and bond speeds
- Identifying packet loss or outages on a leg
- Troubleshooting Reseller network node and CPE faults
- Software updates on CPE for both MNI software and Linux operating system
- Check log files for warnings or errors using bond log command
Escalation: If your Level 1 has exhausted all avenues and the issue is not specifically related to a carrier or end-client environmental issue, escalate to your Level 2 prior to contacting MNI.
Reseller Level 2 Support: Advanced Support
Reseller Level 2 support is responsible for advanced network administration and troubleshooting. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Issues escalated from Level 1
- Provisioning network nodes such as aggregators and PWAN routers
- Switch configuration, for example, VLAN
- Routing configuration with OSPF or BGP
- IP addressing changes for any type of host, outside of the web management application
- Software Updates on network nodes such as aggregators and PWAN routers for both the Multapplied Networks’ software and Linux operating system
- Monitoring and management of all systems
- Training for Level 1 engineers
- Advanced configuration in Linux backend such as iptables, DHCP, VPNs, etc.
Escalation: If your Level 2 has exhausted all avenues and the issue does not appear to be directly related to your Reseller environment, network, or deployment, please escalate to Multapplied Networks Level 3 – Technical Services for resolution.
MNI will provide the following Level 3 and Level 4 support:
MNI Level 3 Support: Technical Services
Once an issue has escalated through Reseller Level 1 and 2 support and it has been determined that the issue is not related to the end-customer or Reseller network, technical environment or deployment, and it has been determined that it relates to MNI software, escalate to MNI Level 3 Support by telephone to get the fastest resolution and maintain your end-customer Service Level Agreements (“SLA”).
MNI Level 3 Support tasks include but are not limited to:
- Issues escalated from Reseller Level 2
- Initial installation and configuration of the MNI Management Server software and up to 2 initial Aggregators and PWAN routers. This is done once at the start of a new Reseller relationship to assist the Reseller with initiating their new MNI environment and going-live
- Initial and ongoing support for Reseller’s engineers in resolving customer and Reseller issues with the MNI platform
- Initial one-time setup recommendations and troubleshooting to integrate Multapplied SD-WAN into the Reseller network
- Upgrading the Management Server software and operating system
- Troubleshooting advanced issues related to Multapplied Networks’ software that are not expected to be handled by Level 1 or 2 support
- Liaise with MNI Level 4 team as required for troubleshooting advanced issues or bugs.
Escalation: If MNI Level 3 has exhausted all avenues and the issue does not appear to be directly related to any end-customer, partner, or MNI environmental or deployment issues but is related to the core Multapplied Networks software, then the issue will be escalated by MNI to MNI Level 4 – Research and Development for resolution.
Level 4 (Multapplied Networks): Research & Development
The Multapplied Networks Research and Development team is responsible for issues escalated from MNI Level 3. These include:
- Dealing with tickets escalated by Level 3 (Technical Services)
- Troubleshooting advanced issues
- Fixing bugs in the Multapplied SD-WAN platform
- Updating User Guide and other documentation
Out of Scope Support
Work outside of scope of Level 3 and 4 is billable by Multapplied Networks to the Reseller. This work will not commence prior to the Reseller accepting a quote and Statement of Work provided by MNI or one of MNI’s integration partners. Examples of these tasks include:
- Installing additional Debian/Linux software
- Writing custom software code
- Writing automation scripts that leverage either the API or Hook systems
- Network design such as dynamic routing (OSPF/BGP) and switching (STP)
- Advanced networking using tools like iptables, OpenVPN, or IPSec • Level 1 or Level 2 support